Monday, 11 July 2011

Historical events occuring in the next 2 weekends and a new Norse Fantasy book with a twist :

THE FESTIVAL OF HISTORY 2011
FESTIVAL OF HISTORICAL LITERATURE
@ KELMARSH HALL, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE 
16th-17th JULY 
Click here for more details about the festival events and how to purchase tickets: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/events/festival-of-history-2011/

MALTON ROMAN FESTIVAL
@ MALTON, ORCHARD FIELDS, NORTH YORKSHIRE
23RD-24TH JULY


Norse Fantasy meets Paranormal Romance in:

Dreams of a Dark Warrior
I have just bought this book today after a long wander around WHSmith to see what the latest book crazes are and supringly Angels are still coming to the foreground more than vampires although that is still mainly in Teenage fiction. But I came across the book above in the Fantasy section and it was the word warrior that intrigued me and then I was even more curious when I read about the struggle of two lovers, one a northern warrior and the other a valkyrie he was meant to wed but got murdered before he could. So these two then spend the next few hundred years reincarnating,  finding each other and loosing each other again. From the cover I can already tell it's not only going to get dark and violent but there may be a good dollop (or not) of adult material in there as well which I will probably just skim over. I'm really eager to see how Kelsey Cale has protrayed the character of a Valkyrie into such a peculiar mix of genres and whether it meets my expectations and understanding of norse mythology (no matter how limited). 

I plan to begin reading it on my 4 day weekend away with my partner as I attend for the second year the FABULOUS FESTIVAL OF HISTORY and meet (again hehehe) Giles Kristian of Raven fame and another favourite author (whom will be the last in my favourites collection to get books signed) Robert Low of Oathsworn fame (both viking historical fiction authors).

So there won't be any blog post until next week when I'm back from the event with stories to tell and pictures to show but if I'm lucky I might tweet the odd pic or two so simply follow me on @soulchaserbecky because if I have signal out in the northamptonshire countryside you can guarantee I will be tweeting about my excitement and enjoyment all day every day when I'm there.

See you in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts - LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails