Friday, 24 June 2011

The dream of Soul Chaser - Potential SC Novel fan cards and the question of Novel support material

I know it's always best to not count your hens before they've hatched or run before you can walk or rush into things like a bull after a red flag BUT I have been doing a lot of almost physical day dreaming about Soul Chaser in its hopeful one day published form.
It came about because I was looking through my memorabilia file on all my favourite authors and I have small business like cover designs etc of Giles Kristian's Raven Bloodeye book. It made me think, what would Soul Chaser's be like if it was published and popular enough?
So I got messing about on Vista Print website just making designs up etc and wierdly enough I made 8 possible good ones.
So here they are for your inspection and consideration, I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on them and if it's a good idea or not to have such novel supporting material for fans to collect? Should I go ahead and make one now simply to network to potential readers, gain a little populatiry, boost blog numbers and maybe catch the eye of an agent or publisher? Or should I just stop daydreaming and get on with finishing the damn book!

 
 1) SC Card - Wings, Ink and Pen

 
 2) SC Card - Angelic Statue

 
 3) SC Card - Dark, Blood and Pale Woman

3) SC Card - Books on Shelf

4) SC Card - Black and Red Celtic Dog Design

5) SC Card - Dark Void

6) SC Card - Raven Grafitti

7) SC Card - Starry Skies

8) SC Card - Young Woman looking behind

5 comments:

  1. Ah, who cares - don't think of it as being ahead of yourself, think of it as being prepared nice and early.

    I think, by far, the best designs are the top one with the wings and the pen and the black and red celtic dog one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 By a long way - the image is suitable and almost seems to hint at what those 'other things' after your soul may be. I see no reason not to be prepared either. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to leave the title as well as major style decisions to the end. Things tend to move around a WIP and could change before it is finished.

    BUT there is no reason not to take a break from writing when you need to and play with designs and ideas, like you have done here.

    By the way, I like your blog and thank you for following mine as well. I think I'm going to have some fun going through your writing and other tidbits here. Looks like we have complimentary interests!

    Greetings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make the card! It doesn't hurt to be prepared. =) I like 4 and 6. 6 would be very fitting due to Odin's connection with ravens...

    As a matter of fact, I have a finished novel, "Bloodwing", self-published, and I never thought of making cards for it...!

    Keep going, Becky! I LOVE how the book reads so far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts - LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails