Thursday, 17 June 2010

Becky Bookworm Book Reviews - Latest from Hamilton and Davidson series

As I'm suddenly a bookworm again (yay for bookworms everywhere) I thought I might as well share my thoughts on what books have recently stolen my attention away from writing, watching TV and even playing WOW. So I've decided to create a new feature on my blog and that is my Becky Bookworm Book Reviews!

Recently I've been delving into the worlds of Sookie Stackhouse (Harris), Merry Gentry (Hamilton) and Betsy Taylor (Davidson). When I first read the first book in each of these series I wasn't entirely sure who I preferred most but now my heart has been captured by the famously defiant, shoe adoring and witty Betsy Taylor, Queen of Vamps! The books may be short and the plots not overly complex but the mix of characters are just so delightful to meet that I couldn't help myself after finished Undead and Unemployed (book 2) I just had to spend more time with them and immediatly took out the next 3 books! (All thanks to working in a library I can read them all for free hehehe).

So it has been unofficially decided that I might as well read one series and then the next instead of juggling through three series of books together. So for the next few weeks (and as I'm eating a Betsy Taylor novel within 2 days currently I might have read em all by July!) I'll be sharing my experiences with these cool characters. Maybe you might give them a test run too. Enjoy! And do share your own thoughts on these books if you have read them already. Would love to hear from fans or haters.

A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not as good as the first book I feel although there is a lot less sexual detail thankfully. She's managed to just simply describe them going to bed or leaving bed together trusting us as the reader to understand what the blank spot entails. I felt the ending was a little bit rushed as the whole climax of the story came quite quickly and all within the final two chapters.

And she made it worse by doing what she did in the last one and that's describing the aftermath of the climax event in a rather lazy manner as if it's of no importance. Which hasn't given it much of a hook to entice me to read the next book which I might do just to see if it's goign to get any better or worse.



View all my reviews >>

Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Still has incredibly funny, witty and human as the last one. Plot isn't too complex but it really is the mix and clash of characters that makes this story worth reading.



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts - LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails