Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Still witty and funny as ever but it does get a lot more tenser than the other books as the Fiends begin to show their true feelings regarding Betsy's treatment of them, Nick Berry continues to show his pure hatred for Betsy and her kind leaving poor Jessica struggling between the two. It is in the book that Betsy comes to realise how much her power and role as Queen effects everyone near and far from her and the price for not being too serious about it all.
There is one scene very close to the end where it all gets very confusing as Nick's boss turns out to be a nasty piece of work involving the fiends and Betsy and I had to read it three times to work out what farm and father he was talking about. At first I thought he might have been the son of the serial killer who was swiftly dispatched in a previous book. I do hope other Betsy fans understood that scene a lot better and quicker than I did but in the end I did make sense of it.
Yet for once in the series it does end on a rather sad note as one of the least featured characters is killed off.
View all my reviews >>
Valkryian Sanctum Quarters:
- SC Home Blog
- About Me + Soul Chaser
- Creative Connections - favourite links
- Famous Friends - Author Meetings
- Soul Chaser (WIP) - Novel Blurb
- Soul Chaser - Chap 1 - The Old Ways Never Die
- Soul Chaser - Chap 2 - Blood and Feathers
- Soul Chaser - Chap 3 - Trouble After Midnight
- Soul Chaser - Chap 4 - Sacred Secrets
- Soul Chaser - Chap 5 - Know Thy Enemy