Thursday, 1 April 2010

'How to Train Your Dragon' 3D Movie Review - Easter Viking Treat

Do you love vikings? Do you love dragons? Do you love adventure? Do you love the odd ones in society? Do you have children aged 8-15?

Then 'How to Train Your Dragon' the movie - based on Cressida Cowell's book - is the movie for you and your family and friends to see this Easter. And I do highly recommend viewing it in 3D.


I won't give too much of the plot away but the character of Hiccup is individually charming, a character so original he doesn't mix in with the rest of the typical Viking hoards and will charm you from the moment you hear his voice.

The feature dragon Toothless is amazingly created although as I haven't read the book yet I can't say for sure if it has kept a lot of features from the book but it's such an interesting and fascinating creature that you can still have empathy with despite it's alien features that afterwards you will all want a dragon like him.

The rest of the huge hoast of characters are great, all complimenting each other and helping the story move along. And you wouldn't guess at first that Hiccups Dad is voiced by Gerard Butler but the whole scottish accent does the whole cast and story justice I feel. Kids might not warm to it as easily if they all had swedish/danish/norwegian accents.

The whole story is full of fantastically tense, exciting, humorous and touching moments that you won't be bored for one moment and you certainly won't fall asleep.

So if you, family or friends have nothing to do this Easter holiday please do visit your cinema to see this fantastic family block buster. Or even treat yourself to the book first.

I'm off for my own easter holiday to hopefully spend time with my nose in a few good books and my hands writing furiously away at VV Part 4 'Know Thy Enemy' as well as editing Parts 2 and 3. Not to mention spending time with family and snapping anything pretty with my camera.

So hope to have lots to report back on. In particular my first attendance at a creativing writing workshop session being held in Square Chapel, Halifax.

See you all in a week

May Frigg guide you and Freya guard you until we next meet in cyberspace :)

1 comment:

  1. both my kids read the book and really liked it, so we're planning on taking them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts - LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails